Wednesday, July 11, 2012

DEWITT NAMED TO TEAM CANADA!

SURREY NOW JULY 5, 2012

Nathan Dewitt is London bound.

The 21-year-old Guildford wheelchair racer punched his ticket to the 2012 London Paralympic Games at the Canadian Track and Field Championships in Calgary last weekend. Dewitt won the 100-metre wheelchair final and placed second in the 200m final in Calgary. He then endured a day on the proverbial bubble before being informed by Team Canada officials that he will be representing Our Home and Native Land in London.

"Everyone said that I was going because I hit the standard so many times, but I didn't want to get my hopes up," the Johnston Heights grad said. "When I got the phone call I was so excited.
It didn't really sink in right away and it still hasn't. I don't feel any different but it'll probably hit me as I'm flying to London that I'm going to be representing Canada. I've worked really hard for this so it's great that it has paid off."

Read more: http://www.thenownewspaper.com/sports/Dewitt+named+Team+Canada/6886369/story.html#ixzz20LK3iJv4

No comments:

Post a Comment